Grand Valley Peace & Justice was established in 1990. In order to serve the common good of all, we invite all denominations and communities to join with us to effectively create and implement projects and programs on local, national and international justice concerns.
Grand Valley Peace & Justice is a discerning, influential presence in the midst of the broader community. We are committed to advancing our mission through the following:
EDUCATION concerning the moral response to social issues of the day, with special emphasis on the respect and dignity of all persons, a preferential option for the poor and vulnerable, and protection of God’s creation.
ADVOCACY actions to be taken to defend, promote, support protect or enhance another person or group understood to be disadvantaged or denied justice in our society.
NETWORKING with other organizations, faith-based and otherwise, in order to serve the common good of people everywhere.
The Two Feet of Catholic Social Teaching
Social Justice Remove root causes and improve structures
- Expand access to affordable housing
- Work to improve the education system
- Extend legal protection to unborn children
- Support environmental protection laws
- Participate in a living wage campaign
- Promote peace
- Advocate for international assistance
Charitable Works Meet basic needs and aid individuals
- Volunteer at homeless shelters
- Tutor children
- Assist women who face a crisis pregnancy
- Participate in a community beautification program
- Donate to food pantries and clothing closets
- Sponsor refugee family
- Raise money for an overseas development project